Starting Monday, July 13, CCM Edgewood will be open to the public for limited hours. CCM Edgewood will be open 12-6 p.m., Monday-Saturday. A dedicated browsing hour for seniors and high-risk individuals is 11 a.m.-12 p.m. on Wednesdays.
CCM Forest Hills remains limited to curbside pickup. It will not reopen until approved by the Forest Hills Borough.
The safety and health of our patrons and staff is our priority. Thank you for your support, patience and flexibility while we transition into this new model of library service. We are excited to welcome you back to the library!
All patrons and staff must wear a mask at all times while inside the library. Free disposable masks will be available for library patrons who do not have their own masks. ADA accommodations for patrons unable to wear masks can be arranged by contacting Erin Pierce at 412-731-0909.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, library staff is taking the following steps:
- Providing contactless curbside pickup and digital resources.
- Regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces (like doorknobs and countertops)
- Limiting the number of patrons in each library space.
- Quarantining returned library items for 72 hours.
- Installed plexiglass barriers at each circulation desk.
- Installed touchless hand sanitizer dispensers on each floor, at the elevator.
- Removed or rearranged furniture, including computer stations, to accommodate social distancing.
- Removed toys and games from the children’s room.
- Suspended book donations.
Patrons should take the following steps to use the library safely:
- Wear a mask while inside the library.
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
- Keep 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Limit browsing time, as library capacity is limited
- Return your items through the outside book drop.
- Do not leave donated books in the front hallway.
Checking Out Library Materials
Curbside pickup is available at both locations, even while the building is open. We strongly encourage library patrons to take advantage of curbside pickup to reduce in-library traffic. To schedule a curbside pickup, call CCM Edgewood or CCM Forest Hills. Learn more about curbside pickup
Online Catalog & Holds
Holds can be placed through the countywide online catalog starting on July 13. Holds placed through the online catalog are eligible for curbside pickup! Log into your account to place a hold.
Library items can be returned to the book drops at both CCM Edgewood and CCM Forest Hills at any time. Returned books will not be checked in for at least 72 hours while they are quarantined in the library.
CCM is not accepting book donations at this time. Please do not put donated books in the book drops.
Computers & Printing
While the building is open, patrons may use the public computers at CCM Edgewood. Seven computers are available for adults and two computers are available for children.
- Appointments are for one hour.
- Maximum of one appointment per day, per person.
- Appointments can be made up to one day in advance.
- Appointments are scheduled on the hour.
- The last appointment is at 5:00 p.m.
To make an appointment to use a computer, call CCM Edgewood at 412-731-0909. Walk-ins may be accommodated if computers are available.
Disposable keyboard covers and disinfecting wipes are available to disinfect computer stations. Library staff is available to provide limited computer assistance from the reference desk.
Printing, scanning, faxing and photocopying services are available as normal at CCM Edgewood. If your print/scan job requires you to use a computer, please make an appointment to use a computer. No appointments are required for faxing or photocopying.
You can use CCM’s mobile printing service to have documents printed and pick them up along with your holds. Mobile printing is only available at CCM Edgewood. Learn more about using mobile printing
Programming & Meeting Spaces
All in-person library programming is suspended until further notice, but we’re excited to provide virtual programming! Learn more about our programming for adults, teens, and children, and our summer reading program.
Library meeting spaces are likewise not available for public use until further notice.
Please monitor the library’s social media channels and website for updates. Contact the library directly (412-731-0909 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions regarding reopening, curbside pickup, returning books, and more.