C.C. Mellor Memorial Library offers programming for children of all ages at both CCM Edgewood and CCM Forest Hills.
GSK Science in the Summer
July 20-24 on Zoom | Register online for this program
Carnegie Science Center and GSK Science in the Summer are providing a Virtual Science in the Summer this year, July 20-24! Up to 20 families from our library’s surrounding community will receive a Chemistry Experiment kit to use at home and keep. These kits are designed to be self-led and include: supplies, an activity guide, access to supplemental videos as well as live virtual feedback sessions with fellow student scientists and a Science on the Road educator.
Multiple meeting times are available throughout the week. Families pick a time that works best for them and will receive the corresponding Experiment kit via curbside pick-up (walk-up/drive up) at the library. Please register your family for a meeting time that works for you and plan to do the experiment together before your Zoom meeting.
Family Battle of the Books
Thursday, August 6 at 6 p.m. on Zoom | Register online for this program
The CCM Family Battle of the Books is here! Teams of children and adults will read four books together and join us on Zoom Thursday, August 6 at 6 PM. Spots are limited, so gather your team now! Registration opens June 15th at 9 AM!
- Teams must have at least one adult and one child ages 9-12. They may include no more than six people (four is ideal). Other than that, your team is up to you! Want two parents and three kids? Great! Is Grandma joining with five grandkids? Cool! Does your mother-daughter book club want to dial in from separate houses? Fine by us!
- After you register, we’ll have a set of four books for each team to pick up from the library. It’s up to you and your team to decide how you’ll divide and read them.
- On the day of the Battle, you and your team will join in on Zoom. You’ll get a limited amount of time to answer questions about each of the four books, trivia-style!
- Questions? Email Erin Tobiasz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intergenerational Craft Time
One Monday per month at 3 p.m. on Zoom | No registration required
We are moving Craft Time online to give families a way to bridge the distance with faraway loved ones. Join us with other kids and grandparents and learn a fun craft project. Whether you are separated by social distancing or want to visit with friends in other cities, we can all hang out and craft together.
Email email@example.com for Zoom meeting information.
- June 29: Our first project will be origami boxes, so come ready with your paper and scissors.
- July 20: TBD
- August 10: TBD
Watch Online Any Time
Hello Neighbor! (Virtual)
Every Monday at 2 p.m. on Facebook | No registration required
Want to know the best part of a community worker’s job? “Hello Neighbor!” is a new kids video series where we check in with all sorts of neighbors. A firefighter, doctor, musician – you never know who might visit our channel! Our guests will answer kid-friendly questions in an interview format. Episodes will air weekly on our library social media pages. Come by virtually to say hi! Learn more
Family Story Time (Virtual)
Every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. on Facebook | No registration required
Family Storytime is now online! Join Ms. Erin for stories and songs on Facebook every Tuesday at 10:30 AM.
Middle Grade Moment (Virtual)
Every Thursday at 2 p.m. on Facebook | No registration required
Need a book recommendation? Check out Middle Grade Moment! Every week Ms. Erin recommends 3 books on a theme great for 9-12 year old readers.